Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Seine





(top to bottom) Notre Dame from the Seine River, just a pretty picture of some buildings, the Musee d'Orsay, Rachael and I, Katie and I eating crepes!!!

Day 4: Each day just keeps getting more and more exciting! Today we started with class and then went to eat lunch at another cafe. We got a student discount so we got a sandwich, dessert and a drink for just 4.5 Euro! We will probably be going back and my sandwich was actually amazing! The bread here is just the best which is good since we have it at every meal! My French is getting better. Katie and I have been speaking it a lot with our family but, for example, today at the cafe the man working the register tried to say something to me but they speak too fast for me to comprehend! I was like a deer in headlights. It is hard to switch to French mode when you are caught off guard like that. After lunch we met up with the group for a boat ride down the Seine River which runs through the middle of Paris. It rained (again) but we still got a good look at the buildings and the bridges. The architecture is incredible and I am not the kind of person who typically notices that stuff but you notice it here. After the Seine, we went to a mall and just walked around for a little while. Our host families provide our dinners and Katie and I just got so lucky with our family. Some of our friends having been having weird things to eat but our food is delicious. Last night we had pasta carbonara with pork and tonight we ate chicken (le poulet!) with some pasta, cheese, vegetable concoction. Today was not jam packed it but it was fun. I am trying to write everyday so hopefully tomorrow I will tell you about the Louvre!
A tout ta l'heure! (Talk to you later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment