Day 6: Today was a great day! I was trying not to let the crappy weather we were having ruin my time here and I did try to go out and see things but when it rained it was pretty miserable. Today was absolutely gorgeous which was fortunate because we went on a 2 hour walking tour around Ile de la Cite (I know there should be accent marks but I don't know how to include them) where Notre Dame is. As you can see from the fact that my past 3 posts have had pictures of it on them, Notre Dame is so far my favorite thing in this city. I just think it is so beautiful and great to take pictures of because there are so many details. It is like that everywhere here. It seems as though every building has a little details whether it be an engraving or a statue that just makes it so beautiful. Notre Dame has so many different things to photograph. You will probably be seeing more of it in the future. Before our tour, we went to some little shops to buy scarves. Everyone in Paris wears them and we got some great pashminas for a good deal. I hope to bring some home as gifts but only if I can bear to let them go :) The tour was great mainly because we had another fantastic tour guide. He was British of course, so again the accent made it that much better. He told us some really interesting stories. For example, the design on the doors of Notre Dame (see picture above!) is so beautiful that people thought the ironsmith (?) who made them must have sold his soul to the devil. He had to flee Paris to avoid being hung for witchcraft. We got to see so many great things and I just put my pictures from the trip so far on Facebook so you all can see them there! The day was just great. I could continue with stories from the tour but it could get lengthy so I am just going to stop here. I haven't even been here a week and I am already finding myself subconcsiously slipping French words into our everyday English conversations. I still can't understand when they speak fast (aka normal pace for them) but it is getting better quickly. I can't believe I have already been here for almost a week! Thanks again for reading! A tout ta l'heure!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Here Comes the Sun!
Day 6: Today was a great day! I was trying not to let the crappy weather we were having ruin my time here and I did try to go out and see things but when it rained it was pretty miserable. Today was absolutely gorgeous which was fortunate because we went on a 2 hour walking tour around Ile de la Cite (I know there should be accent marks but I don't know how to include them) where Notre Dame is. As you can see from the fact that my past 3 posts have had pictures of it on them, Notre Dame is so far my favorite thing in this city. I just think it is so beautiful and great to take pictures of because there are so many details. It is like that everywhere here. It seems as though every building has a little details whether it be an engraving or a statue that just makes it so beautiful. Notre Dame has so many different things to photograph. You will probably be seeing more of it in the future. Before our tour, we went to some little shops to buy scarves. Everyone in Paris wears them and we got some great pashminas for a good deal. I hope to bring some home as gifts but only if I can bear to let them go :) The tour was great mainly because we had another fantastic tour guide. He was British of course, so again the accent made it that much better. He told us some really interesting stories. For example, the design on the doors of Notre Dame (see picture above!) is so beautiful that people thought the ironsmith (?) who made them must have sold his soul to the devil. He had to flee Paris to avoid being hung for witchcraft. We got to see so many great things and I just put my pictures from the trip so far on Facebook so you all can see them there! The day was just great. I could continue with stories from the tour but it could get lengthy so I am just going to stop here. I haven't even been here a week and I am already finding myself subconcsiously slipping French words into our everyday English conversations. I still can't understand when they speak fast (aka normal pace for them) but it is getting better quickly. I can't believe I have already been here for almost a week! Thanks again for reading! A tout ta l'heure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment