Saturday, June 6, 2009

In Paris!
















After weeks of preparation, I am finally starting my 3 weeks of studying abroad in Paris! The pictures above are in the airport in Knoxville. The one on the left is me and my boyfriend Clay and on the right are the friends I was traveling with Ali and Rachael. The flights were relatively uneventful but it was comforting having people I know with me. Of course, the one to Paris was LONG but I was able to sleep for most of the time. When we got to airport it was about 11:30 and we went straight to customs where, to our surprise, all we had to do was get our passports stamped! We thought it was going to be a long ordeal but it took about 5 minutes. Then we went to meet our International Studies Abroad person who got us on shuttles to go to our houses. Driving on the interstate in Paris was interesting because if you didn't know otherwise, it looks just like the U.S. Then when you actually get into the city, it is like another world. I was the last person to be dropped off so I got to see a lot of the city from the window but I am anxious to walk around to see it up close. My host family has been very welcoming thus far. We are living with a married couple and their 21-year old son. Today, they are speaking English to us which is also comforting but she informed us that tomorrow it will all be in French. I know they will be patient, but I am positive my attempts at French will be humorous to them. There will be many more exciting things to write about in the next few days but for now, I am content just knowing that finally this adventure has begun! This whole blogging thing is new to me but I will try to do the best I can to keep you all updated on what am I doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment