Wednesday, June 10, 2009

La Louvre and Paris at night!




Top to bottom: Upside down pyramid (aka Da Vinci Code!!); La Jachone (Mona Lisa); Venus de Milo; Ali, me and Rachael in front of Notre Dame at night; Seine River by night

Day 5: This is going to be short and sweet because I am up way too late. Today we went to the Louvre. It is huge, crowded and there is so much to see! We had a tour guide, Malcolm, who had the best British accent that it made it even more enjoyable. However, I am not an art person and we walked around a lot so by the end I was ready to get out of there. I enjoyed seeing the sculptures and some of the paintings. Da Vinci's were my favorites. Everyone says the Mona Lisa is disappointing to see but I did not think so. It is small but to be front of something so famous was awesome. Her smile is really what caught me off guard. This is weird to say, but you really do feel like she knows something you don't, like she is kind of laughing at all the fuss that has been made about her. The Venus de Milo sculpture was the other thing I enjoyed seeing. I guess I liked the famous ones the best because of their history. I already knew so much about them so it was amazing to actually see them. The others just didn't seem as special.
Dinner tonight was good again. We ate veal, potatoes and yogurt for dessert. The yogurt didn't really have much flavor to it but the choice was cheese or yogurt and I don't really like cheese. After dinner, I met up with Ali, Rachael, and their friend Bridget. Bridget is also a student. She is from DePaul Chicago and has been living with Ali and Rachael's housemom since March. We met at the Notre Dame and I think that is my favorite thing so far in Paris. To see it lit up at night was absolutely incredible. My pictures don't do it justice. After staring at Notre Dame for awhile, we went to get ice cream and then Bridget took us to the Latin Quarter. It seemed to be a really busy and fun part of town so hopefully we will go back there at another time. Paris by night is just so beautiful. I love it! That is a quick summary of today. I hope to get my pictures up on Facebook soon when I have some time. Until tommorrow, Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment