Day 19: Things have been pretty slow around Paris the past couple of days. Our last day of class is on Friday so my teacher has been piling work on us which is unfortunate because there are a lot of things we all want to do before we leave. This post is going to be short and sweet because not much has gone here lately. Yesterday our tour for the day was to Les Invalides which is where Napoleon's tomb is. It was interesting but it only took about an hour to see everything there was to see. Last night, I got to eat dinner with an old friend of my dad's. He worked with my dad at Three Mile Island and now lives in Paris with his wife and two kids so I went to their apartment for dinner. It was really great. I was worried about it being awkward because I had never met them before but I really enjoyed it. It was nice hearing their views on the culture as Americans that live in Paris. I was able to ask them some questions that I was scared to ask my host family because I didn't want to seem rude. They were great people and I was glad to meet and spend that time with them.
This morning we had our first and only test. I stayed up late studying so I am exhausted right now. The test was harder than I thought it was going to be and it is worth 25% of my grade so lets hope I did ok on it! This afternoon we had a walking tour around Montmatre with the same guy who took us around Notre Dame (Ile de la Cite) I had already experienced the quaintness (I know that is not a word) of the area because we live close by and I had walked around it before. Sacre Coeur is still as breathtaking as ever though. Tonight we tried to go out to celebrate our test being over with but it was kind of a bust. There won't be much to blog about the next couple days. We will just be trying to pack up and say goodbye to everyone. However, on Saturday I go to Amsterdam which I get more excited about every day! The days Helen and I will be travelling together will be an adventure. Helen and I were roommates at UGA (freshman year) and we have not been able to spend much time together since I transferred so it should be a great bonding time. It will be weird trying to figure things out on my own though when so much of my time here in Paris has been planned out for me. Anyway, I will try to post a little in the next couple days but don't get too excited, it won't be anything big. Until then, Au Revoir!
No comments:
Post a Comment