I am going to quickly wrap up our last couple days in Columbia and then let you know what I have been up to at the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort! Last Wednesday, I had a day off and Clay (my boyfriend for those of ya'll that don't know) came to visit!! It was great to spend the day with him. The day off every week has been making such a difference in my energy level. It REALLY helps get through the week!! Thursday was the final round and it was, as usual, really hectic. Like I said before, we were on our own for the first time and it certainly wasn't easy but we got through, just not as quickly as I had hoped. Either way, after we finished our comms post-round duties, we packed everything up and we were gone as quickly as we came. Thursday night we hit up the Five Points area in downtown Columbia to celebrate my teammate Matt's 21st birthday. We got back kind of late but it was nice to let loose a little bit.
On Friday, we were on the road by 6 a.m. to get to Farmington, Pa. We got to Nemacolin by around 3. Nemacolin is this really big resort in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania but it doesn't matter because there is so much to do on the resort! They have two golf courses, a zoo, a fun center w/ bowling and climbing wall and other activities all over. Not to mention, it is absolutely gorgeous up here because it is on a mountain and there are just great views everywhere you look. I will try to get some pictures but I know they definitely won't do this place justice. The main golf course is amazing. They hosted the PGA tournament the 84 Lumbar Classic here for a few years and you can tell they really spruced everything up for that event.
This tournament has been very different for two reasons. First of all, we have a lot of staff members here. In addition to my team of 8, we have 4 people from the West Coast team, a communications assistant, a tournament assistant, the assistant tournament director and the tournament director. All the extra hands have made this week almost feel like a vacation! For example, there aren't a lot of comms duties in the morning and when it is just our team typically we do our little things and then help the ops crew with their stuff. However, since there are extra hands, there is really no need for us to come in early and there has only been one morning this week I haven't been able to sleep in for a couple extra hours! The other reason this tournament feels different is that the schedule is one day off. The first round actually started today (Wednesday) so it is weird adjusting because typically I go into Thursday thinking it is our last round and we will be packed up and headed to our next place soon but we really still have two rounds left!
Sorry there is no day-by-day recap for this one but I think you get the idea of what exactly I do every day. Like, I said I will try to get some pictures and updates up here soon! The picture at the top is from my day off on Sunday. I went white water rafting with Dan from my team and Kristen from the West Coast team. We were on the Youghiogheny River and it was so great! Hope you like the picture!!
No comments:
Post a Comment